Volvo Australia has added a new range-topping R Design variant to its S90 luxury sedan range.
Available in both sedan and wagon variants, the S90 R-Design is a sportier version of the existing T6 Inscription and uses that car’s 235kW/400Nm 2.0-litre four-cylinder twincharged T6 engine. That powertrain comes mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission that sends power to all four corners.
With its running gear being identical to the T6 Inscription, the T6 R-Design launches to 0-100km/h in the same 5.9sec with claimed combined fuel economy of 7.5L/100km.
According to Volvo, the S90 R Design provides a sportier drive than the luxury-orientated Inscription, with a more athletic interior styling treatment being mirrored by sportier 19-inch matt-black alloy wheels, black mesh grille, R-Design bodykit and twin exhaust pipes.
Priced at $100,900 it costs $2000 more than the similarly equipped to the T6 Inscription, but boasts unique features including:
- R-Design bodykit
- R-Design Nappa leather seats
- Perforated leather R-Design three-spoke steering wheel
- Perforated leather R-Design gear knob
- R-Design pedals,
- R-Design carbon-fibre trim
- 19-inch five-spoke diamond-cut alloy wheels
- R-Design front grille
- Paddle shifters
The S90 T6 R-Design is on sale now.
Volvo S90 retail pricing
- S90 T5 Momentum, 2.0L turbo petrol - $79,950
- S90 D4 Momentum, 2.0L turbo diesel - $82,400
- S90 D5 Inscription, 2.0 twin-turbo diesel - $96,900
- S90 T6 Inscription, 2.0-litre turbo-supercharged petrol - $98,900
- S90 T6 R-Design, 2.0-litre turbo-supercharged petrol - $100,900