Mazda’s CX-3 crossover is the latest model to gain a new LE spec, which adds more premium features to the range-topping Akari variant.
The addition of the Akari LE takes Mazda’s best-selling rival to cars like the Hyundai Kona, Mitsubishi ASX, Subaru XV and Toyota C-HR from 14 to 16 variants. It’s priced from $21,790 before on-road costs right through to $39,190, with the Akari AWD diesel still topping the range.
Like the large CX-9 Azami LE, the five-seat, five-door CX-3 Akari LE SUV ups the luxury levels with Nappa leather upholstery, which is dyed in a Dark Russet brown hue with contrasting white accents including stitching, air vent surrounds, and synthetic leather panelling on the seats, doors and dash.
Externally, the Akari LE stands out from the standard Akari with brighter-look 18-inch alloy wheels that provide contrast to the five available exterior colours, including Snowflake White Pearl Mica, Jet Black Mica, Machine Grey Metallic, Soul Red Crystal Metallic and Ceramic Metallic.
Available only with the CX-3’s 2.0-litre petrol engine (sorry, no diesel) with six-speed automatic transmission with either front- or all-wheel-drive, the Akari LE’s additional features add $1500 to the standard Akari spec, with the FWD and AWD variants priced at $35,290 and $37,290 respectively.
The CX-3 trails Mitsubishi’s ASX in the sales race by a couple of thousand units as the year winds down, but the two are by far the most popular cars in the small SUV segment.
2019 Mazda CX-3 pricing:
- CX-3 Neo Sport FWD, petrol, manual - $21,790
- CX-3 Neo Sport FWD, petrol, auto- $23,790
- CX-3 Maxx Sport FWD, petrol, manual - $23,690
- CX-3 Maxx Sport FWD, petrol, auto - $25,690
- CX-3 Maxx Sport AWD, petrol, auto - $27,690
- CX-3 Maxx Sport AWD, diesel, auto- $28,090
- CX-3 sTouring FWD, petrol, manual - $27,790
- CX-3 sTouring FWD, petrol, auto - $29,790
- CX-3 sTouring AWD, petrol, auto - $31,790
- CX-3 sTouring AWD, diesel, auto - $34,190
- CX-3 Akari FWD, petrol, manual - $32,790
- CX-3 Akari FWD, petrol, auto - $34,790
- CX-3 Akari AWD, petrol, auto - $36,790
- CX-3 Akari AWD, diesel, auto - $39,190
- CX-3 Akari LE FWD, petrol, auto - $35,290
- CX-3 Akari LE AWD, petrol, auto - $37,290
How are you finding our new site design? Tell us in the comments below or send us your thoughts at email@example.com.
Mazda announces plans for 25 per cent EV line-up by 2030
Australia's second most popular car manufacturer has outlined its strategy to go electric
BMW begins testing hydrogen car
The prototype has fuel-cell technology co-developed with Toyota
Romanian automaker Dacia unveils new logo and emblem
And the budget brand could be on Aussie shores by 2022