VIN ranges of affected vehicles:
- SALGA3BY1JA343646 to SALGA2AY5JA387693
- SALWA2BY2JA146054 to SALWA2BY6JA185973
- SALVR2RX4JH226559 to SALVP2RX3JH296852
- SALYA2AX9JA700000 to SALYA2BX5JA746759
- SALCA2AX0JH685128 to SALCR2SX4JH748920
- SALRA2BX3JA014201 to SALRA2AX6JA039854
The recall report indicates that “some engine-mounted fuel rails installed on Ingenium I4 2.0L petrol engines have not been manufactured correctly”. This fault increases the risk of fuel vapour and liquid leaks occurring in the engine bay, which could create a fire hazard.
Owners of affected vehicles may notice an excessive fuel odour, and liquid fuel may be seen in the engine bay.
Owners of affected vehicles will be advised by JLR “to contact their preferred authorised repairer who will inspect the vehicle’s fuel pipes and replace them where required. Two additional clips to ensure correct design clearance will also be fitted”.
The affected vehicles were sold nationally.