A crazy, meticulously pieced together custom Hilux headlines a monster issue of 4X4 Australia this month.
In addition to analysing this hardcore weekender, we also pit two mid-sized Toyotas – Fortuner and Prado – against each other and reveal which one deserves your hard-earned. We’ve followed the build of Mark Allen’s Holden 1 Tonner from go-to-whoa and, with the build finished and finally road legal, we unleash it on some rough tracks.
How does Range Rover’s 2019 SDV8 Autobiography handle the fluffy stuff? We hit the snow with the burly Brit to find out. Plus, the JL Wrangler Rubicon traces the stateside trail it is named after.
WHAT ELSE IS THERE?
- 4X4 Adventure Series to the Corner Country (part two).
- Pub talk at the Eulo Queen Hotel, QLD.
- Exploring Mareeba in Queensland’s north-east.
- Buyers’ Guide: UHF radios and aerials.
- Why you need Safari’s Armax ECU.
- New products explained and tested.
- Inside Club 4x4.
- Defender and BJ73 in the 4X4 shed.
- Deano’s rant and Expert View with Cooper Tires’ Ken Reuille.
This month’s mag also provides your last chance to enter into the draw to win an HSV SportsCat+. Head to whichcar.com.au/winhsv4x4australia
The November issue will be on shelves - and in the magshop - on October 11.