TWO monster custom builds – a stretched XLS PX1 Ford Ranger that proves bigger is often better, and a 6.6-litre Duramax TDV8-powered GU Patrol ute – headline an action-packed issue of 4X4 Australia this month.
We also ran the ruler over the 10 best-selling 4x4s so far in 2018, putting each vehicle under the microscope for our annual ‘Report Card’ test.
Mercedes-Benz’s G-Class is nearing its 40th anniversary, so we took closer look at why the G 300 Professional (wagon and cab-chassis) remains one of the great off-roaders.
WHAT ELSE IS THERE?
- Trekking to Oxley Wild Rivers National Park, NSW.
- Dodging flies in Corner Country.
- Downing a beverage at the Cameron Corner Store, SA.
- Ironman 4x4 marks 60 years in Australia.
- Buyers’ guide to off-road wheels.
- Tested: Lightforce DL230 HTX spotties.
- Tested: Yakima Holdup & Holdup +2.
- Holden 1 Tonner: a few last-minute hiccups.
- Long-term Disco TD5 gets new kit.
- Day-to-day life with a Colorado LTZ.
- Colorado LTZ joins the 4X4 garage.
- Deano’s rant on multimedia interfaces.
- Expert View: Piranha Off Road’s Alan Johnson
Purchasing the September issue will give you a few extra entries into the draw to win an HSV SportsCat+, join the contest here.
The September issue will be available for purchase August 16 from magshop.