THIS GU Patrol you’re ogling right now hails from Denmark, but a couple of years’ back it was shipped over to Australia for the better part of three months.
The Patrol spent three years sitting in a Danish workshop before it’s Danish owners, Kim and Heidi, arrived locally to travel up and down the east coast and venture into the heart of the desert.
When purchased, the GU looked nothing like the stunning behemoth standing before you now. It had a clapped-out ZD30, shoddy sills and quarter panels and 31-inch all terrains.
An 800Nm-strong 5.9-litre inline-six turbo-diesel (Cummins 12V 6BT) from a 1998 Dodge Ram now resides where the ZD30 once sat. The grunt is fed through a custom clutch and flywheel from Australian company, Western Clutch Service. The ZD30’s five-speed manual gearbox is retained. Read the full review here.
WHAT ELSE IS IT PACKING?
- 10mm CNC-cut steel adaptor plate
- Optima Yellow Top
- Dual transfer case set-up
- 3.9:1 diff gears from Nitro Gear & Axle
- TJM Pro Lockers
- Custom-built radius arms (front)
- Triangulated four-link with adjustable uppers (rear)
- 50mm extra ride height
- Profender four-inch hydraulic bump stops
- Six-inch Dobinsons lift kit
- 40-inch Maxxis Trepadors
- 17-inch bead-locked ATX wheels
- 50mm wheel spacers
- Cargo barrier
- Two Waeco fridges
- Custom rock sliders
- Custom bar work