THE aptly named ‘Thug Truck’ is perhaps the meanest 79 Series making tracks on Australian dirt.
The immaculate set-up, pieced together by owner, Blake Oldham, has been reworked both inside and out to make it one of the most capable 4x4s on the planet.
More than a few pennies have been spent on the rig since Blake left the showroom floor, but the results clearly speak for themselves.
The daily-driven Cruiser sports 37-inch tyres, has had a rear coil conversion, and its 4.5-litre V8 pumps out 204rwhp and 680Nm. Read the full review here.
WHAT IT’S PACKING:
- Johnny Joints
- King shocks (front and rear)
- Comp Rods radius arms
- Tough Dog adjustable Panhard rod
- 37-inch Hankook Dynapro MTs
- Method 311 Vex beadlocks
- Kinetic Engineering axle-widening kit
- AAA Exhausts stainless-steel snorkel and airbox
- 3.5-inch turbo-back exhaust
- Diesel Care pre-filter
- Redarc BCDC charger
- Optima batteries
- ARB Deluxe bar, scrub bars and rock sliders
- Runva 12,000lb winch with Dyneema rope
- Factor 55 hitch
- Lightforce LED light bar
- GME aerials and UHF
- FPV GT deep bucket seats
- Cruiser Consoles interior fit-out
- Coldy’s tray