It’s now more than $12,000 cheaper to buy a Mercedes-Benz V-Class luxury people mover, with a new model joining the V250d AVANTEGARDE with fewer bells and whistles and less power from the naturally aspirated 2.1-litre four-cylinder diesel engine.
Like the V250d, the V220d it is powered by a 2.1-litre diesel engine, but with output reduced from 140kW/440Nm to 120kW/380kW.
Senior Manager Product Management and Marketing Mercedes-Benz Vans Australia and New Zealand, Sabine Wagner, said the V220d “provides a solution for customers who don’t need the same level of power and features provided by the V250d AVANTGARDE, but still require the combination of seating for up to eight with the exemplary functionality and typical strengths of Mercedes-Benz vehicles – from quality to comfort, efficient driving pleasure and safety.”
V220d features include:
- Garmin MAP Pilot navigation system with 3D map display
- Audio 20 sound system with touchpad and central media display
- Reversing camera with dynamic guide lines
- Driving Assistance Package including collision warning, blind spot assist and lane keeping assist
As well the above features and extra power, the V250d comes with:
- Latest generation COMAND Online system
- Burmester surround sound system with 15 high-performance loudspeakers, including a bass reflex loudspeaker
- Mercedes-Benz Illuminated door sills panels in brushed stainless steel
- 18-inch five twin spoke alloy wheels
- Anodised roof rails
- Brake calipers with Mercedes-Benz lettering
- Exterior Sports pack
- Waistline chrome strip and chrome trim on tail end
- Chrome strip on lower bumper areas
- 360 degree Surround View camera
- DISTRONIC PLUS autonomous driving technology
- LED Intelligent Light System (ILS) with Adaptive High Beam Assist, LED indicator, cornering lights, LED Daytime Running lights and LED taillights
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
Both come with Agility Select engine driving mode and Agility Control that provides different damper settings to suit various road conditions.
Standard interior trim and equipment in both V-Class models includes Lugano leather upholstery and ambient lighting in three colours. Other highlights include the freestanding central display with touchpad control and 12-button multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles.
The V-Class models also feature an ‘Easy-Pack’ power-operated tailgate with separately opening window for easier loading.
The V220d is now available for orders from Mercedes-Benz dealers.
Mercedes-Benz people mover pricing
- Valente - $58,100
- V-Class V220 - $74,990
- V-Class V250 AVANTGARDE - $87,200