Holden’s Astra range will be complete from October when the European-designed Sportwagon joins the already-arrived hatch and sedan variants.
Starting at $25,740, the Astra Sportwagon will come in two variants, LS+ and LT, both of which will be powered by the same 110kW/240Nm 1.4-litre 4-cylinder turbo petrol engine as found in the hatch and sedan range. Combined fuel economy is a respectable 5.9L/100km, which is 0.2L/100km less than the equivalent sedan.
Unlike the other two bodystyles there will be no manual version for the Sportwagon, with power transferred to the front wheels via a six-speed automatic transmission only.
However like the Astra hatch, the Sportwagon originates from Opel, designed in Germany by the same team that penned the hatch and built in the UK at Vauxhall’s Ellesmere Port plant.
Each wagon variant shares the hatchback’s advanced driver assist technology as standard including auto emergency braking, lane keep assist and forward collision alert, which aren’t included in the Korean-built, Chevrolet-sourced sedan.
The wagon also benefits from the same suspension tuning programme as the hatch, having been co-developed by the Holden team over multiple European evaluation drives.
Complimenting its car-like driveability is a healthy does of SUV-style practicality, with 540 litres of seats-up boot space that can be extended to 1630-litres with the 60-40 rear split seats folded down.
Standard features for the LS+ include:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Leather Steering Wheel
- 7-inch colour touchscreen
- Rear Park Assist / Rear Camera
- Holden Eye forward facing camera
- AEB City Stop
- Lane Keep Assist
- Forward Collision Alert
- Forward distance indicator
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Digital Radio (DAB+)
- Rain sensing wipers
- Electrochromatic Mirror
- Projector headlamps with LED DRL’s
- Six speaker premium audio
- Cruise Control – with speed limiter
The LT retails for $29,940 and gains:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Leather Interior Trim
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Passive Entry & Push-Button Start (PEPS)
- 8-inch colour touchscreen
- Satellite navigation
- Climate control
- Blind spot alert
- Advanced park assist (automatic park)
- Heated outside mirrors
Holden Astra pricing
- Astra LS sedan manual - $20,490
- Astra LS sedan auto - $21,490
- Astra R hatch, manual - $21,490
- Astra R hatch, auto - $22,490
- Astra LS+ sedan, auto - $22,740
- Astra LS+ Sportwagon, auto - $25,740
- Astra LT sedan, auto - $25,790
- Astra LT Sportwagon, auto - $29,940
- Astra RS hatch, manual - $26,490
- Astra RS hatch, auto – 27,240
- Astra LTZ sedan, auto - $29,790
- Astra RS-V hatch, manual - $30,740
- Astra RS-V hatch, auto, $31,740
How are you finding our new site design? Tell us in the comments below or send us your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Italy confirms nearly €1bn investment target for battery factory
Italian government attempting to secure €1 billion in investments for new battery factory with Stellantis
Citroen, Peugeot and Renault charged over Dieselgate in France
Three French carmakers have appeared before a court in Paris this week
BMW recalls 2019-2020 models over ABS fault
Despite 11 models being affected, only 49 vehicles are under recall