Priced at $65,900, the BMW X3 sDrive20i costs $3000 less than the turbo-diesel all-wheel-drive xDrive20d, which currently kicks off the range.
The sDrive20i is powered by a 135kW/290Nm 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that’s mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox that sends power to the rear wheels.
It’s the second petrol version in the X3 along with the powerful xDrive30i, which is powered by much more gutsy 2.0-litre turbo four that produced 185kW/350Nm to all four wheels via the same gearbox.
The power reduction comes with a $10,000 lower price, while still having more than enough power and traction for urban duties.
Equipment level mirror the xDrive20d including:
- Auto start-stop function
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Cloth/leather upholstery
- Automatic tailgate
- Three-zone automatic air conditioning
- Sport leather multi-function steering wheel
- 40:20:40 split rear seat
- Head-Up Display
- Speed Limit Info
- Navigation system business with 6.5-inch central display
- Natural voice control
- Automatic headlights
- Rains sensing windscreen wipers
- LED headlights with cornering lights and LED daytime running lights
- Driving Assistant with approach control warning, lane departure warning and lane change warning
- Parking Assistant with rear view camera and park distance control
- Wireless phone charging
An M Sport package will also be available for $3500 and will include:
- Anthracite headliner
- High-gloss exterior trims
- Dynamic Damper Control
- Interior trim in Aluminium Rhombicle, with Pearl Chrome finishers
- LED fog lights
- M Aerodynamics Package
- M Leather steering wheel
- 19-inch BMW M light alloy wheels
- Steptronic transmission with gearshift paddles
- ‘Vernasca’ cloth/leather upholstery
The BMW sDrive20i will arrive in showrooms in March 2018. Fuel economy and emissions will be confirmed closer to the vehicle’s launch date.
2018 BMW X3 range pricing
- X3 sDrive20i - $$65,900
- X3 xDrive20d - $68,900
- X3 xDrive30i - $75,900
- X3 xDrive30d - $83,900