This competition is now closed. Congratulations to the winner: Stefany T. from VIC.
Wheels readers are some of the most dedicated automotive enthusiasts around, so we wanted to give you a chance to get your voice heard regarding the 2017 Car of the Year. It’s simple. Just cast your vote for what you think deserves to win the 2017 COTY title for a chance to win $1,000.
Unlike our panel of expert judges, you may not have had the chance to drive all 28 cars. But we’re sure you’ve read the reviews, seen our videos and maybe even considered their pros and cons. To help you make your decision, we’ve linked each contending car to their review. Just hover over the images and click through. Voilà.
Our Wheels COTY panel judge the contenders under five strict criteria: function: efficiency: value: technology: and safety. Below are some handy hints to keep in mind when making your selection:
- Function - How well the car does what it is intended to do?
- Efficiency – The cars use of resources in manufacturing, design, and ownership.
- Value – How does it stack up against its rivals and against the wider new car market?
- Technology – Does it offer an advancement or advantage over its rivals?
- Safety – Both passive and active features that keep occupants and pedestrians safe