2. The 500X is based on the Jeep Renegade. They may look different, but appearances are only skin deep. Below the surface, their mechanical specification is the same, with the exception of the Renegade’s off-road suspension.
3. Considering the Fiat 500 range prides itself on its ‘bambino’ size, the 500X is considerably larger measuring in at 4.2m long , with boot space of 350L. That’s bigger than some of its competitors.
4. The 500X received a four-star Euro NCAP rating, but has yet to be given a star rating under Australian ANCAP testing.
5. The 500X is one of three four-doors released by Fiat, and follows the Grande Punto and 500L.
6. Fiat’s big baby SUV is one of the more uniquely styled cars in this segment, and certainly doesn’t play it safe when it comes to design. But then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Click here to read our review on the Fiat 500X.