The Abarth 595 hatch and cabriolet range has been reduced to two models. The mid-spec 595 Turismo is gone, though it’s worth noting it had cost more than the Competizione’s lower $31,990 asking price, which has been partly achieved by making some previous standard features optional.
The entry level 595’s $26,990 retail price represents a smaller $500 price reduction despite minor upgrades including improved aerodynamics, which improve its engine cooling capacity by 18 per cent, revised sport oriented ergonomic steering wheel position, new poly elliptical headlights, and a slight 4kW power boost for the 1.4-litre turbo engine to 107kW.
The racy 595 Competizione’s 1.4-litre turbo donk also gets a power boost, from 118 to 132kW, which cuts its 0-100km/h time by almost a second to 6.7 seconds.
The above prices are for the five-speed manual variants, with the five-speed sequential automatic transmission a $2000 option, while the cabriolet versions will set you back an extra $3000.
Abarth 595/595C standard features include:
- 16-inch eight spoke alloy wheels
- Powered body colour mirrors
- Satin chrome finishing (front door handle, back door handle, front and back badge support)
- Matte black front dam and rear bumper insert
- LED Day running lights
- Dual tip chrome exhaust.
The Abarth 595/595C Competizione comes with:
- Leather sport seating
- Four-piston front Brembo brakes
- Red painted brake calipers
- BMC Panel Air Filter
- Dual mode ‘Record Monza’ exhaust
- 17-Inch “Corsa” alloy wheels
- Tar Cold Grey external mirrors with power adjustment
- Tar Cold Grey door handles
- Tar Cold Grey front dam and reader bumper insert
- Tar Cold Grey “Abarth” side stickers
Former Competizione standard features that are now optional extras include Sabelt sports seats in cloth or leather/Alacantra and xenon headlights.
Both models come standard with a new Uconnect 5-inch colour touchscreen radio with an optional BeatsAudio 440w, seven-speaker sound system.
The new Abarth 595 range is currently available in showrooms.
MY18 Abarth 595 pricing
- Abarth 595 manual - $26,990
- Abarth 595 auto - $28,990
- Abarth 595C manual - $29,990
- Abarth 595C auto - $32,990
- Abarth 595 Competizione manual - $31,990
- Abarth 595 Competizione auto - $33,990
- Abarth 595C Competizione manual $35,990
- Abarth 595C Competizione auto $35,990