Mitsubishi has revised its 2018 model year Outlander range and re-introduced the price leading ES model, which brings the cost of entry down to $27,990 drive away.
That price gets you an ES manual with a five-speed gearbox and front-wheel drive, powered by a 110kW/190Nm 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine.
The ES manual has reasonable equipment levels including a 7.0-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and 18-inch alloy wheels, but disappointingly misses out on Autonomous Emergency Braking as standard.
Next up in the range is the ES auto for $30,990, which replaces the manual gearbox with a CVT automatic. The ES’s $3000 premium also brings a more powerful 124kW/220Nm 2.4-cylinder engine and the practical bonus of seven seats.
Options for the ES include four-wheel drive, for $4000, and an ADAS (advanced driver assist) pack for $2500 that includes forward collision alert, active cruise control, lane departure warning and reverse sensors.
Higher spec, front-wheel-drive LS models now start $33,900, up $5150, due to the scrapping of the manual version and the inclusion of the 2.4-litre petrol engine and ADAS pack as standard. Four-wheel drive costs an extra $5000 on the LS, and you can upgrade to a 110kW/360Nm diesel turbo with a six-speed automatic gearbox for an additional $3000.
Prices have dropped slightly for four-wheel-drive-only Exceed variants, with the 2.4-litre petrol version costing $43,990 and the diesel $46,990.
The plug-in hybrid PHEV LS and Exceed remain unchanged and are priced at $50,490 and $55,490 respectively. It’s worth noting that pricing for the plug-in hybrid versions are retail and don’t include on-road costs.
The Outlander range revision comes on the eve of Mitsubishi’s all-new Eclipse Cross compact SUV arriving in Australia. The company today announced the first shipment is on its way with sales commencing in December 2017.
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander pricing
- Outlander ES 2.0L petrol, manual, 5 seats - $27,990*
- Outlander ES 2.4L petrol CVT, 7 seats - $30,990*
- Outlander ES 4WD 2.4L petrol, CVT, 7 seats - $34,900*
- Outlander LS 2.4L petrol, CVT, 7 seats - $33,990*
- Outlander LS 4WD 2.4L petrol, CVT, 7 seats - $38,990*
- Outlander LS 4WD diesel, auto, 7 seats - $41,990*
- Outlander Exceed 4WD 2.4L petrol, CVT, 7 seats - $43,990*
- Outlander Exceed 4WD diesel, auto, 7 seats - $46,990*
- Outlander PHEV LS, 5 seats - $50,490
- Outlander PHEV Exceed, 5 seats - $55,490
- ADAS safety pack for ES - $2500
*Drive away pricing