The Nissan Qashqai is an accomplished upper-small SUV that comes in petrol and diesel varieties priced across a wide spread from $25,990 to $39,990. It’s a popular choice for Aussies, but here are seven things you may not have heard about it before.
- Qashqai’s quirky name comes from a nomadic tribe found in far flung Iranian provinces, and as you can hear is pronounced ‘kash-kye’
- The Qashqai’s 430-litre boot is bigger than that of the Mitsubishi ASX, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester. It also has divided storage under its floor, which is good for security and for stopping small items moving around too much
- The Qashqai’s boot lid now opens 230mm higher than in previous models, making it easier to access the cargo area and to load large items.
- All Qashqai models are front-wheel drive only. This is a small SUV best suited to urban environments. Its small turning circle is great for tight manoeuvres
- Every Qashqai has a five star safety rating, and includes six airbags and a reversing camera
- A parking assistance feature in higher spec TI and TL models can automatically steer the Qashqai into a parking space for you
- Though Nissan is a brand with proud Japanese heritage, the Qashqai is actually made in the United Kingdom
The high-riding Nissan Qashqai is good to drive and comfortable, making it a great city runabout for families.