2. With a 25 percent take up of the manual, the M2 is the most popular manual BMW on sale
3. The BMW M2’s engine shares components with its more-expensive sibling: its pistons, engine sump and front brakes are lifted straight from the heroic M4
4. The BMW M2 is the only 2 Series Coupe available with a dual-clutch transmission
5. The M2 is the first car in its class to have a genuine ‘M’ chassis: its predecessor, the 1M Coupe, was a highly tuned version of the previous M135i
6. The M2 is designed to attract a younger audience to the M brand
7. The M2 is priced $60k less than the BMW M4, yet the manual M2’s 0-100km/h time of 4.5sec is only 0.2sec slower than that of the manual M4
Now read our review on the BMW M2.