The target audience is clear: The TV advertisement for the all-new Kia Seltos is accompanied by It-teen Billie Eilish’s Bad Guy, with Kia confirming its small-SUV is aimed at young, tech-savvy buyers,
But you don’t have to be young and hip to enjoy some of the cool features in this car, which include:
- The dazzling colours. No boring palette here. Seven “fashionable” shades are on offer including Mars Orange, Neptune Blue and Gravity Grey for an extra $520. The standard (free) shade is a blinding — and so hot right now —Starbright Yellow.
- The generous 10.25-inch touch screen which is easy to use and allows multi-tasking. Available in all models except the entry level S.
- The wild Sound Mood Lighting in the doors and dashboard which pulses to the beat of the music pumping out of a BOSE Premium Sound System. Very Millennial. KIA hopes this will appeal to “night-clubbers with minimal responsibilities”. Available in the top spec GT Line only.
- Even though this is a small SUV, the cabin is roomy and cargo space is an impressive 433-litres.
- Heated and – a new favourite of mine – ventilated front seats. Trust me, this is a little luxury you’ll want once that scorching summer hits. It's only available in the GT Line.
Bluetooth that can sync two phones at once so you can listen to music from one and take calls from another. A good way to keep the kids entertained.
- New active safety features including Rear Cross-Traffic Avoidance Assist that stops the Seltos if you’re in danger of hitting a passing car while reversing; Safe Exit Assist, which warns occupants of traffic (including bicycles and motorcycles) before they open their door into the road; and Lane Following Assist that can track vehicles and road markings ahead to keep the car in-lane and a safe distance from any cars in front.
- The Aussie suspension tuning program that has made the Seltos surprisingly enjoyable to drive on bendy country roads. Kia strengthened the rear suspension bars and tweaked the electronic power steering to give it sporty-like ride and handling.
KIA SELTOS GALLERY: Click on the main image