The Hyundai i30 hatch now has advanced driver tech available across the entire range, as well as newly added petrol options for its upper-spec Elite and Premium variants.
At the lower end of the range, the entry-level Go and Active variants are now available with the SmartSense pack as a $1750 option, meaning buyers can add active safety to cheaper versions of the small hatchback without having to spend thousands more on a higher-spec variant.
SmartSense, standard on higher-priced models, brings advanced driver assist features including automatic emergency braking with forward collision warning, blind spot detection, lane change assist, driver attention alert, and adaptive cruise control with a low-speed stop-and-go function. The extra spend also brings an electronic parking brake, rear-seat air vents, electric folding wing mirrors with LED indicators, and chrome front grille trim.
A partial leather steering wheel and gear knob are added to the Active’s standard features.
Further up the range, the i30 Elite and Premium spec levels are now more affordable, with a 2.0-litre petrol engine added as a perkier, and $2700-cheaper, alternative to the 100kW/300Nm 1.6-litre diesel powertrain.
Already available in the Go and Active variants, the 120kW/203Nm 2.0L GDi is paired with a six-speed automatic in the higher-spec models The six-speed manual option offered on entry-level cars does not make its way up the range.
The Elite also gains satin chrome side moulding, while the Premium now has LED tail-lights. A seven-speaker Infinity premium audio system utilises an external amplifier that’s also been added to the SR Premium.
The i30’s entry-level price remains at $19,990, though pricing for some variants has risen by up to $1040.
2018 Hyundai i30 pricing
- i30 Go 2.0L petrol, manual - $19,990
- i30 Go 2.0-L petrol auto - $22,290
- i30 Go 1.6L diesel, manual - $22,490
- i30 Go 1.6L diesel, auto - $24,990
- i30 Active 2.0L petrol, manual - $21,090
- i30 Active 2.0L petrol, auto - $23,990
- i30 Active 1.6L diesel, manual - $23,590
- i30 Active 1.6L diesel, auto - $24,990
- i30 SR 1.6L petrol, manual - $25,990
- i30 SR 1.6L petrol, auto - $28,990
- i30 Elite 2.0L petrol, auto - $27,990
- i30 Elite 1.6L diesel, auto - $30,490
- i30 Premium 2.0L petrol, auto - $32,790
- i30 Premium 1.6L diesel, auto - $35,490
- i30 SR Premium 1.6L petrol, auto - $34,490
- i30 N 2.0L petrol, manual - $39,990
- SmartSense Pack (Go, Active) - $1750
- Beige interior (Elite, Premium) - $295
- Panoramic sunroof (SR, Elite) - $2000
- Premium paint - $495
How are you finding our new site design? Tell us in the comments below or send us your thoughts at email@example.com.
Mercedes-Benz Australia increases vehicle prices for the fourth time in 15 months
45 models receive an average price increase of 3.72 per cent
Suzuki Jimny prices increased again
Impossible to buy mini 4x4 hit with a bigger sticker price
Catch a look at the new Chevrolet Corvette at The Bend this weekend
GMSV hints the supercar will put in its first Australian appearance at the event in South Australia 7-9 May