The Hyundai i30 hatch now has advanced driver tech available across the entire range, as well as newly added petrol options for its upper-spec Elite and Premium variants.
At the lower end of the range, the entry-level Go and Active variants are now available with the SmartSense pack as a $1750 option, meaning buyers can add active safety to cheaper versions of the small hatchback without having to spend thousands more on a higher-spec variant.
SmartSense, standard on higher-priced models, brings advanced driver assist features including automatic emergency braking with forward collision warning, blind spot detection, lane change assist, driver attention alert, and adaptive cruise control with a low-speed stop-and-go function. The extra spend also brings an electronic parking brake, rear-seat air vents, electric folding wing mirrors with LED indicators, and chrome front grille trim.
A partial leather steering wheel and gear knob are added to the Active’s standard features.
Further up the range, the i30 Elite and Premium spec levels are now more affordable, with a 2.0-litre petrol engine added as a perkier, and $2700-cheaper, alternative to the 100kW/300Nm 1.6-litre diesel powertrain.
Already available in the Go and Active variants, the 120kW/203Nm 2.0L GDi is paired with a six-speed automatic in the higher-spec models The six-speed manual option offered on entry-level cars does not make its way up the range.
The Elite also gains satin chrome side moulding, while the Premium now has LED tail-lights. A seven-speaker Infinity premium audio system utilises an external amplifier that’s also been added to the SR Premium.
The i30’s entry-level price remains at $19,990, though pricing for some variants has risen by up to $1040.
2018 Hyundai i30 pricing
- i30 Go 2.0L petrol, manual - $19,990
- i30 Go 2.0-L petrol auto - $22,290
- i30 Go 1.6L diesel, manual - $22,490
- i30 Go 1.6L diesel, auto - $24,990
- i30 Active 2.0L petrol, manual - $21,090
- i30 Active 2.0L petrol, auto - $23,990
- i30 Active 1.6L diesel, manual - $23,590
- i30 Active 1.6L diesel, auto - $24,990
- i30 SR 1.6L petrol, manual - $25,990
- i30 SR 1.6L petrol, auto - $28,990
- i30 Elite 2.0L petrol, auto - $27,990
- i30 Elite 1.6L diesel, auto - $30,490
- i30 Premium 2.0L petrol, auto - $32,790
- i30 Premium 1.6L diesel, auto - $35,490
- i30 SR Premium 1.6L petrol, auto - $34,490
- i30 N 2.0L petrol, manual - $39,990
- SmartSense Pack (Go, Active) - $1750
- Beige interior (Elite, Premium) - $295
- Panoramic sunroof (SR, Elite) - $2000
- Premium paint - $495