- It’s fast. Its 294kW and 696Nm can propel the i-Pace from 0-100km/h in 4.8 seconds. That’s as quick as convertible Porsche 911.
- A 90kW battery housed under the floor is comprised of 432 individual lithium-ion pouch cells. Fully charged, the battery has enough stored energy to top up 9000 smartphones or power the i-Pace for up to 480km.
- An 80 percent charge takes about 10 hours using a 7kW home charger. A specialised 100kW public charging station will reduce that to 40 minutes.
- Adaptive air suspension allows the i-Pace to lower its ride height at speed for greater efficiency and handling, or raise it for greater ground clearance. At the highest setting, the Jaguar can wade through 500mm of water.
- With a body made from 94 percent aluminium, the i-Pace uses more of the lightweight metal for its construction than any Jaguar before it.
- Aerodynamics are key to reducing drag and extending battery range, and the i-Pace has a slippery drag coefficient of 0.29Cd. A special vent at the top of the grille exits through the bonnet and allows air to pass over the windscreen at an optimal angle, cutting air resistance.
- Powering the i-Pace are two electric motors – one for the front wheels and another for the rears. The layout allows completely independent four-wheel drive as well as 50:50 front-to-rear weight distribution.
- There’s space for five in the cabin, and a 656-litre boot that expands to 1453L with the rear seats folded. A second 27-litre storage compartment sits under the bonnet where a conventional engine would normally be located.
Read next: Jaguar I-Pace vs Tesla Model X on paper
- At its maximum effect, aggressive regenerative braking can bring the i-Pace to a complete stop, allowing ‘single-pedal’ driving. Instead of pressing the brake pedal, simply releasing the accelerator will adequately slow the vehicle in most driving situations.
And for one bonus fact:
- Connectivity features heavily in the i-Pace, which has 30 specially designed smartphone applications including one that can heat or cool the car before you set off. It will even remind you if you’ve jumped behind the wheel without your phone. The i-Pace can also connect to a house and switch on the heating or lighting before you even arrive home.