- It’s the fastest and most powerful Bentley road car ever. Its twin turbocharged W12 engine now produces a remarkable 522kW and 1017Nm, firing it from 0-100km/h in just 3.5 seconds, on its way to a top speed of 336km/h.
- It’s also the world’s fastest four-seater, narrowly eclipsing the top speed of Ferrari’s GTC4Lusso, by just one kilometre per hour.
- The Supersports’ 21-inch wheels are made of forged alloy, saving 20kg in unsprung mass compared with those of the regular Bentley Continental GT.
- The standard carbon-ceramic brakes are claimed to be the largest of their type available on any current production car, which is just as well since the car weighs 2280kg.
- The brakes can withstand temperatures of up to 1000 degrees centigrade – which is the same temperature as volcanic lava.
- At full power the Continental Supersports’ 6.0-litre, twin turbocharged W12 engine inhales over 500 litres of air per second.
- At its 336km/h top speed the Supersports covers the length of a football field every second.
2017 Bentley Continental Supersports: 7 things you didnt know
By Ged Bulmer, 16 Feb 2017 Car Reviews
Here' some things you may be interested in knowing about the world's fastest four-seater.
Here’s why Bentley Bentayga is the most expensive SUV ever
Bentley's play for the SUV market has caught the world’s attention, and it's more than just an exclusive price tag that has people talking.
Bentley - History, Trivia and Fun Facts
Waft along in the comfort of knowing all you need to know about British super-luxury brand Bentley.
2017 Bentley Continental Supersports Quick Review
Keen to add what is said to be the world’s fastest four-seater to your garage?