- The brand new 3.0-litre turbocharged six cylinder engine in the range topping 340i is muscular, smooth and sounds fantastic.
- Those chasing greater efficiency now have the option of a 1.5-litre three cylinder petrol in the entry level 318i.
- Greater ride comfort thanks to an overhauled suspension system.
- An even more efficient, 330e hybrid model arrives in 2016, if you can hang out for it.
- Design changes are small, meaning only BMW die hards will know you bought the new model.
- BMW’s boffins have changed the steering, in an attempt to make it sharper and more engaging. Sadly the result is the opposite, with a wheel that is vague and artificial.
- Newer, and potentially better, rivals from Mercedes, Audi, Jaguar and Alfa Romeo.
Click here to read the full review on the BMW 3 Series.