- The Lexus IS200t is packed with equipment, including real leather (many competitors use the fake stuff), heated, cooled and power-operated seats, rain-sensing wipers and satellite-navigation.
- The safety story is strong, too, and now includes auto emergency braking, which can automatically apply the brakes to avoid a rear-ender.
- The optional Mark Levinson sound system is a ripper with fantastic clarity and punch.
- The instrument cluster of the F Sport makes a big deal of the tachometer and is customisable depending on which mode you have it in.
- There’s a great choice of materials and colours and the attention to detail in the cabin is great, from the stitching on the leather to the interesting finishes applied to some of the plastics.
- Eight-speed auto hunts between gear ratios in everyday city driving.
- Foot-operated park brake is out of place with the modern touches elsewhere.
- Space in the back isn’t great, especially when it comes to leg room and fitting three in is a feat; that person stuck in the middle will have to deal with a large hump on the floor as well as minimal seat space.
- Lexus Remote Touch controller that controls the 7.0-inch colour screen takes practice; it can be easy to shoot past the virtual button you’re trying to land on.
Click here to read the full review on the Lexus IS.