Peugeot has elected not to introduce lower-spec models to compete with the Mazda CX-5 and Volkswagen Tiguan’s entry-level competitors; concentrating instead on their competitor’s mid-spec and range-topping models.
Thus, the standard equipment list in the base-model 3008 Active whose $36,990 retail price is more in keeping with a similarly priced mid-spec CX-5 Maxx Sport FWD [$34,390] and Tiguan 110TSI Comfortline [$36,990].
There are four 3008 variants including the Active, Allure, GT-Line, which are powered by a 121kW/240Nm 1.6-litre turbo petrol engine, and the range-topping GT which has a 133kW/400Nm 2.0-litre turbo diesel under the bonnet.
The Active comes stacked with many of the features found in the other models including:
- Speed limit recognition and recommendation
- Distance alert
- Driver attention alert
- Lane departure warning
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Reversing camera
- Leather sports steering wheel
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Dual zone climate control
- Rear air vents
- Auto dimming rear-view mirror
- Driver Sport Pack - which provides more responsive electric power steering, throttle mapping, gearbox response, engine sound, and instrument display
- Digital radio
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Smartphone charging plate
- Voice recognition for phone and radio
- Satellite navigation
- Aluminium roof bars
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- LED daytime running lights
- Automatic windscreen wipers
Step up to Allure and it gets a 360-degree reversing camera, reverse and parallel parking assist, driver seat lumbar adjustment, and 18-inch alloy wheels. Unlike the Active, the Allure comes with an optional Advanced Safety Pack, which includes emergency braking, active cruise control, and lane keeping assist for $1500.
The GT-Line and GT have a sportier trim, LED headlights and fog lights, and the Advanced Safety Pack as standard.
The GT also gets 19-inch alloy wheels and quilted trim and powered, heated front seats with massage function.
- 3008 Active - $36,990
- 3008 Allure - $39,490
- 3008 GT-Line - $43,490
- 3008 GT - $49,990
The 3008 Active is pretty good value and actually rides better than the others on the smaller 17-inch wheels, but unfortunately doesn’t come with an option to add the $1500 Advanced Safety Pack. This makes the 3008 Allure, with its few extra features and optional safety pack – which takes the price to $40,990 – our pick of the bunch. You can always ask the dealer to fit the smaller wheels if you prefer the Active’s ride.
- Panoramic sunroof with ambient lighting blind - $2000
- Premium paint - $790/$990
- Hands-free tailgate with foot control [Allure, GT-Line and GT] - $500
- Two-tone paint [GT-Line and GT] - $1000
- Nappa black leather interior trim [GT-Line and GT] - $2000