Only 200 examples of the special edition large luxury sedans are being built for the global market, with Australia’s allocation confined to two 740i, one 750i, and a single M760Li xDrive variant.
Each will have a premium over the 740i, 750i, and M760Li of $42,510, $46,600, and $24,500 respectively. Apart from its exclusivity and bragging rights, these special editions will feature Frozen Silver metallic paintwork with two-tone 20-inch V-spoke alloy wheels, piano black interior trim, and ‘7 40 Jahre’ logos – Jahre is the German word for years.
The 740i and 750i will also receive an M Sport package including brakes, which are already standard in the M760Li.
Other features include:
- Two tone Smoke White and black Merino leather upholstery
- Smoke white Alcantara headliner
- Rear Comfort Seats (740i and 750i). Already standard on M760Li
- Front and rear headrests with ‘7 40 Jahre’ logo stitching
- Smoke white floor mats with contrasting black piping
- Door entry sills and B-pillar with ‘7 40 Jahre’ logo
- Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System (750i)
- High gloss shadow line.
BMW dealers are taking expressions of interest from customers for the four cars, which will be imported once an order is made and expected to arrive here by the end of the year.
BMW 7-Series 40 Jahre Edition pricing
- BMW 740i 40 Jahre - $267,500
- BMW 750i 40 Jahre – $336,500
- BMW M760Li XDrive 40 Jahre - $443,500