Deleting the price-leading manual version from the line-up means the seven-seat Santa Fe’s price of entry is now above $40,000, however all variants from the base-model up now include SmartSense driver assistance technology as part of the price.
Previously, Hyundai’s active safety tech was standard equipment in the range-topping Highlander only. SmartSense is now included in the Active, Active X and Elite variants and adds autonomous emergency braking, forward collision warning, lane departure alert, blind-spot detection and adaptive cruise control.
The Active and Active X models also receive extra gear in the form of a 4.2-inch multi-function display in the instrument cluster, plus an electronic parking brake, auto-dimming rear-view mirror and powered side mirrors with puddle lights.
The Elite and Highlander variants gain a new 8.0-inch multi-media system with satellite navigation and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, which was already available in the Active and Active X.
Apart from the manual Active variant, the model line-up remains the same with the front-wheel-drive 3.3-litre V6 petrol Active X the new entry-level variant, still priced at $40,990.
Now rolling in to showrooms, the MY18 update is expected to be the last for the current generation Santa Fe, which is due for replacement sometime next year.
MY18 Hyundai Santa Fe pricing*
- Santa Fe Active X FWD, 3.3L V6 petrol - $40,990
- Santa Fe Active AWD – 2.4L 4cyl petrol - $41,850
- Santa Fe Active AWD, 2.2L 4cyl turbo diesel - $44,850
- Santa Fe Elite AWD, 2.2L 4cyl turbo diesel - $51,990
- Santa Fe Highlander, AWD, 2.2L 4cyl turbo diesel - $57,090
- Metallic/mica paint - $695
- Beige interior (Active X, Elite & Highlander) - $295
- Brown interior (Highlander) - $295
- Panoramic sunroof (Elite) - $2000