- It looks fantastic, inside and out. This has to be one of the best looking cars ever to wear a Kia badge thanks to a handsome exterior design dominated by that big, chiselled front grille and Batman-esque tail lights. The interior in the range-topping Platinum is beautiful too, with lashings of leather, comfortable and spacious seats and plenty of standard equipment.
- Sorento is offered with the choice of a V6 petrol engine or four-cylinder turbo-diesel, and it’s the diesel that’s the stronger of the two. Powerful and relatively refined, the diesel is also impressively frugal.
- Let’s be honest, Kias have never really been known for razor sharp dynamics, but this is changing. Fast. Kia is working hard to improve its ride and handling and the Sorento is supple, controlled and comfortable.
- Spending $55,990 for the top-spec Platinum brings a suite of standard equipment usually only found on pricier rivals. The Sorento’s premium interior includes: reversing camera, electric tailgate, panoramic roof, auto lights, heated seats, sat-nav, cruise control and auto wipers. There’s even a heated steering wheel!
- The Sorento’s huge 7-year/unlimited kilometre warranty means it comes with one of the best after sales support packages currently on sale.
- Push the Sorento hard on windy roads and there is some body roll, as you’d expect from a big two-tonne SUV.
- And while access to the third row is a breeze, there’s still only enough room for occasional adult use. Comfortable seats that are easy to erect and excellent vision are big strengths, though, and means kids will happily spend hours in the back.
- Petrol-powered variants lack the performance and efficiency of the diesel engine.
Click here to find out more about the Kia Sorento.