Ford Australia has released a special edition Ranger based on its XLT double cab that switches the tradie attire for some swish weekend wear.
The Ford Ranger FX4 sits between the Ranger XLT and range-topping Wildtrak in the big-selling ute’s line-up and comes with a range of aesthetic enhancements including:
- 18-inch stark grey alloy wheels
- Black roof rails
- Black bonnet and tailgate decal wraps
- Side decals with ‘FX4’ branding
- Black sports bar, rear bumper, side steps and door handles
- Black accents including the grille, fog lamp surrounds and wing mirrors
- Leather accented ‘FX4’ branded seats
- Front and rear carpet mats
- Black interior highlights
The FX4 is available in four exclusive exterior colours – frozen white, ingot silver, magnetic and shadow black.
Ford Australia president and CEO Graeme Whickman said the company “developed the Ranger FX4 for our customers that are a bit bolder than most and make use of the towing and payload capabilities of the Ranger XLT”.
Performance remains the same as the XLT, with the 147kW/470Nm 5-cylinder 3.2-litre turbo diesel engine, a choice of six-speed manual transmission and automatic transmissions and 3500kg towing capacity.
The FX4 costs $3500 more than the XLT and puts it within a few hundred dollars’ striking distance of the Wildtrak.
It is currently arriving in showrooms around Australia.
Ford Ranger FX4 pricing
FX4 4x4 Double Pick-up, 3.2-litre, 6-speed manual – $58,915
FX4 4x4 Double Pick-up, 3.2-litre, 6-speed automatic – $61,115