Tony O’Kane and Jade Pummeroy risked hydration and complexion in a supervised experiment that puts some real science around the myth of car interior temperature.
With first aid standing by, the two endured searing heat and terrible puns, but at least they got to enjoy a cooling ice cream before things got too hot to handle.
You'll also hear from St Johns Ambulance about just how dangerous it can be for a child stuck inside a hot car, and the surprising number of times that ambulances are called out every day for kids stuck in a car.
MORE CONTINENTAL CAR LABS
- How fast can you go in reverse?
- How much do roof racks hurt fuel economy?
- Why driving on space savers is a bad idea
- What do car seat laws actually mean for parents?
- Does air-conditioning affect engine power?
- Warming up the engine - fact or fiction?
- Driving distracted is as dangerous as it sounds
- Cooking on a car engine - is it possible?