1. After a slump in sales, Honda is back with its new, 10th generation Civic range.
2. This model boasts Honda’s first 1.5-litre turbo-charged engine – which provides more than adequate grunt while remaining quiet.
3. The VTi-LX is extremely fuel efficient. When tested it consumed just 6.6L/100kms (close to Honda’s promise of 6L/100kms).
4. The 517-litre capacity boot is huge.
5. The 452-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers plus subwoofer is loud.
6. The VTi-LX comes with Honda’s Sensing suite of driver assist technologies for extra safety. This includes Lane Keep Assist, Lane Watch and Adaptive Cruise Control which includes Low-Speed Following.
7. The new lane watch feature projects potential blind spots onto the display screen when the left or right indicator is used.
8. The front seats are heated.
9. At 4.64 metres it’s a long vehicle.
10. Younger drivers may prefer the shorter hatch, due for release early next year.
Now read our review on the Honda Civic VTi-LX.