- Looks fantastic, long sleek and imposing. Stands out as expensive.
- Interior is high-quality and well-appointed, though some of the toys (TV) are optional on this 640i.
- Impressively efficient for such a big car, BMW claims just 7.9L/100km combined fuel economy.
- 3.0-litre turbocharged six-cylinder engine and eight-speed automatic gearbox are a great combo in most circumstances.
- Ride issues. The car reacts quite sharply to bumps at both around town and on the highway.
- There's not anywhere near as much space inside as there should be in a car this big; the rear seats in particular are only fit for children.
- Heavy at 1820kg, which takes its toll on acceleration, fuel economy and handling.
- The same engine is available in smaller BMW convertibles like the M235i or 435i for much less money.
Click here to find out more about the BMW 640i Convertible.