- You want power? Step the way of the XR8’s supercharged 5.0-litre V8. Ford may say it makes 335kW, but Ford’s clandestine overboost system means it makes closer to 400kW in the right conditions.
- That means it punches at the horizon like a rocket-boosted freight train. Few cars offer so much performance for $53K…
- …all in the comfort of an Australian-made cabin that could swallow five and luggage.
- The chassis allows it to bomb around a race track fast, as well.
- The Falcon’s recently redesigned front and rear fascia bodes for a sharp look on the road.
- Q-car appeal. Besides the red performance brakes, the styling is nice and understated, despite the FPV developed bits lurking underneath the subtle sheet metal.
- Despite the performance of the car’s overall package, the experience isn’t very enrichening for a driver. The steering, chassis, and brakes feel numb.
- The FG X update did not see any significant changes inside, and the interior looks and feels outdated.
- The SYNC infotainment system will take some getting used to.
- The boot’s nice and big, but lacks a flat floor. Could make for difficult handling of luggage
- She’s thirsty. All that engine and a heavy foot can equate to a sizeable fuel bill.
Click here to read the full review on the Ford Falcon XR8.