- You could place drawing paper over Jaguar XE pricing and specifications and the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class competition, it really is that close. Range moves between $60,400 and $104,200.
- Cheap servicing is very rare for a European brand. Five years worth of check ups won’t cost you more than $1350 on any model.
- Excellent 380-watt Meridian stereo and 8.0-inch sat-nav are standard where premium audio and larger screen are optional in the entry-level German competition.
- Small diesel uses less fuel than the competition but is similarly pleasant and refined. Diesel the pick of the affordable side of the range.
- If you love to drive, the Jaguar mixes a sporty feel with comfort slightly better than the competition.
- Pricier models lose their value equation because they don’t add much extra equipment.
- Some technology standard on most rivals but optional across XE range, such as automatic braking should the driver fail to stop when a city-speed forward collision is detected.
- Feels squishier inside than the competition, so look elsewhere if rear legroom and boot space are priorities.
- Petrol engines are old and can’t match the economy or refinement of either close rivals or the newer small diesel.
- R-Sport models add sports suspension and sportier look but are much less comfortable over bumps.
Click here to find out more about the Jaguar XE.