We also dirtied the tyres of a couple of brand-spanking new vehicles this month: Chevrolet’s massive, 1234Nm Silverado 2500HD WT and Volkswagen’s Ultimate 580. Plus, the claws were out as the Ranger Raptor battled the HSV SportsCat, and we follow Red and Ted as they take a CJ-5 to the mighty Rubicon.
Remember Bathurst champ, Larry Perkins? Well, he owns the V8 Supercar of off-road trucks; a desert-eating Unimog U4000. We drool over it in this issue.
Speaking of droolworthy trucks, we also admire a Land Rover FC101 capable of going off the grid for weeks – if not months – at a time.
WHAT ELSE IS THERE?
- 4X4 Adventure Series to South-East Queensland (part one).
- Advertisers’ Trip to the Vic High Country.
- All the action from the 2018 Outback Challenge.
- Christmas Gear Guide to help you fill your Santa sack.
- In the shed: Perentie 110 and Land Rover Series IIA
- New gear tried and tested
- Columns by Ron and Fraser
- Plenty more…
It’s also your last chance to enter the draw to win an HSV SportsCat. Competition closes November 26.
The December issue is out November 8 in stores and on the magshop.