DUAL-CAB ute sales may be surging, but we doubt you’ve seen one like this out on the tracks.
That’s because this left-of-field dual cab stems from the crazy idea of its owner, Peter Thorpe, who chopped the venerable Y62 Patrol to create the ultimate all-rounder.
What makes it so special? Well, apart from the dual-cab conversion – which you can read all about here (https://www.whichcar.com.au/reviews/custom-4x4s/custom-nissan-y62-patrol-dual-cab-ute-review) – the rig has some neat aftermarket kit.
- Canopy by WF Fabrications, Bendigo
- 60L Engel fridge/freezer
- Clear View Easy Slide
- Dual spare-wheel carrier
- ARB front winch bar, with Warn winch
- ARB side-steps
- ARB side-rails
- ARB Intensity spotties and light bar
- TJM Airtec snorkel (with a Unichip)
- Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 315/70 R17 tyres
- Black Rock Crawler 17x8-inch steel rims
- Two-inch lift and ARB BP51 remote-res shocks
- Airbag Man airbags (rear)
- 150L Long Ranger fuel tank
“I’m absolutely rapt with it,” owner Peter said, “… it just outperforms anything I have ever had. It’s just an amazing vehicle off-road.
“I’ve had heaps of vehicles – Toyotas, loads of other Nissans – but to be honest there’s nothing else that really compares to it.”
When off-the-shelf won't do with Custom 4x4 reviews
Take your time drooling over the pics in the above gallery!