That’s why it’s important to have the right recovery gear on board – no one wants to be the guy whose 4x4 was claimed by the tide.
But what is the right gear?
For beach driving, we tested nine of the top recovery boards to see what worked, what broke and what didn't make the grade.
Inside the September edition, we also compare the New Nissan Navara and Mitsubishi Trition utes with the class-leading Volkswagen Amarok and Mazda BT-50, and take a look at a stonking V8 Jeep Wrangler.
To see what else is inside click here.
Want to see more 4x4 and beach action? Check out the below videos:
- The Great Australian Bight adventure: part one
- The Great Australian Bight Adventure: part two
- Big Bight Adventure: Bush Mechanics
- How to prepare for a 4x4 trip
- How to beach drive
- How to 4WD in a convoy: radio communication
Get the latest info on all things 4X4 Australia by signing up to our newsletter.